DIY-Alternative-Energy was started by a couple of us who were always sitting around talking about how different the world might be if there were no “petroleum economy.” We decided that anything that reduces the dependence of petroleum fuels is probably a good thing. Not to mention, doing experiments and building cool things keeps us off the streets at night!
We want to keep DIY-Alternative-Energy positive and meaningful. A place where people can come and learn about things that maybe they didn’t know much of anything about before they got here. We spend a crazy amount of hours on the internet finding the best articles and videos and compiling them for our projects. We just thought we could share that compiled knowledge with you, so you can get the most information in the smallest amount of time. We’re like your very own research assistants!
Is it so bizarre to think that a few thousand people heating their houses, running their cars, and cooking with their stoves with something other than petroleum products would make a difference to the world?
- “Never believe that a few caring people cannot change the world. For, indeed, that’s all who ever have.” Margaret Mead, Anthropologist, 1902-1978
- “While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” Apple Computer Co.
- “We can choose to be affected by the world, or we can choose to affect the world.” Heidi Wills, Author
- “Whether you believe you can or you can’t – you’re right.” Henry Ford
- “Get off your butt and do something.” Mom